Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The xx-Bottom Lounge 12/1/09

...but I was there. In 2009, when The xx played Chicago for the first time... When I start losing my edge I'll be able to tell the kids that I, indeed, was there. The xx is the best new band of 2009. And not just on record, but also in concert. Like the album, the xx's live show transfixes you with their subtle beats, and dreamy boy/girl vocals. It's like somebody is coming up from behind you and whispering something in your ear that you may or may not want to hear. And then you turn around and face your whisperer with the, "Oh, wow. I can't believe you just told me that" face. The music is dark and sexy, as is the stage show. You could barely make out the band members faces, who were dressed in all black and resemble teens that haven't fully gone through puberty, with their fresh fades and shy eyes. Young in looks, but mature in sound, The xx sounded like they'd been on tour for years, and not on their first go-around of U.S. cities. Many complain that there's nothing new and exciting in music, but this is it. I can't wait till they turn 25. No pressure, dudes. I'm excited. Watch some video that I shot of The xx performing "Crystalised" below.

No comments:

Post a Comment