Sunday, December 13, 2009

Top 20 Albums of 2009

Making lists is hard, but fun. These are my top 20 albums for 2009. I definitely had multiple silent raves listening to all of these throughout the year. Everyone should listen to these albums. There's something for everybody. If you're looking to get your dance on, or your rock on, or your sad on, or your juke on, or your "we're like the 900th band to sound like Joy Division, but somehow do it well without sounding like complete and total ripoffs," or your Canada on, or your makeout on, or your " I feel like I'm running in the Olympics in slow motion and dancing at a rave at the same time," or your Jigga on, or your leather on, or your French pop that's sung in English, that is so amazing even though sometimes what you're singing about doesn't make complete sense to me and at times it sounds like you're singing with marbles in your mouth, which is an endearing trait that you carry and if my Ipod could talk to me, it would say, "can we please listen to something else! Sheesh." I think you get my point. Tres bien Phoenix! Tres bien 2009!

P.S. Where's my jetpack? You promised!

20. La Roux-La Roux
19. Jay-Z-Blueprint 3
18. Discovery-LP
17. The Rural Alberta Adavantage-Hometowns
16. White Lies-To Lose My Life
15. Jack PeƱate-Everything is New
14. The Very Best-Warm Heart of Africa
13. Morrissey-Years of Refusal
12. Fuck Buttons-Tarot Sport
11. Kid Sister-Ultraviolet
10. We Were Promised Jetpacks-These Four Walls
9. Annie- Don't Stop
8. The Horrors-Primary Colours
7. The Whitest Boy Alive-Rules
6. Delorean- Ayrton Senna
5. The Big Pink-A Brief History of Love
4. Animal Collective- Merriweather Post Pavilion
3. Yeah Yeah Yeah's- It's Blitz!
2. The xx- The xx
1. Phoenix- Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

3 comments:

Olden Blogynice said...

Why do you hate black people?

Danny! said...

1. Yeah, why do you hate black people? 2. Baroness' Blue Album should be on this list, in spite of the fact that you've likely never listened to Baroness.

Mauricio Reyes said...

I love black people and metal. I'm acutally listening to "A Horse Called Golgotha" as we speak.

Post a Comment