Monday, December 21, 2009

Japandroids


One of my favorite things about the end of the year is reading everyone's "best of" lists. It's a friendly reminder of what you may have missed throughout the year. I'm kinda upset that I didn't hear Japandroids album, Post-Nothing, until this weekend. To me, Japandroids is like that person that you were kinda of friends with but never REALLY hung out with too much and then all of sudden you hang out for real and think, "Why haven't we hung out before, you're like the coolest person ever." I had been hearing good things about Japanroids throughout the year, and just missed their set at Pitchfork. Minor fail for 2009, but better late than never.

The thing that I like most about Japandroids is that it reminds me of some of the music I was listening to circa 1999. It's got that dualing vocal, fist pumping, sing along, call and response that I dug back then. I think they have a name for that kinda music, but I forgot what it is...

Watch Japandroids perform, "Young Hearts Spark Fire" at Pitchfork below. Download below that.

"I don't wanna worry about dying, I just wanna worry about those sunshine girls."



"Young Hearts Spark Fire"-Japandroids (Zshare)

No comments:

Post a Comment