Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fuck Buttons-Empty Botttle-11/21/09

It should be noted that in a 48 hour period, the Empty Bottle had 3 different shows with headliners named Fuck Buttons, Depressed Buttons, and Fuck Knights. Sadly, I missed the last two because I am neither depressed or a knight, but I'm super into buttons and I don't give a fuck, so I just had to see this show. Right, right, right....

Actually, I had to see the show cause Fuck Button's sophomore album, Tarot Sport, has been in my playlist quite alot lately. The English duo, consisting of Andrew Hung and Benjamin John Power, got things off to a banging start on Saturday night with "Surf Solar," the lead track off Tarot Sport. From there they just kept on going for an hour straight, barely stopping, and continuing their aural assault on an audience that, at least in the front, was feeling the beat. In concert, Fuck Buttons raise their music to another level. The noise is louder, the beats are heavier and the atmospheric epicness is increased tenfold. The music makes you feel like you're running in a marathon in slow motion and you're about to win the race. Like "Chariots of Fire," but with a really fat beat. I think it would be fair to say that all in attendance won the race, but probably lost some hearing...

Between the Pixies and Fuck Buttons it was a highly successful weekend of music! A few Fuck Buttons pics below.






No comments:

Post a Comment